Re: [BUG] Cache invalidation for queries that contains const of temporary composite type

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Maksim Milyutin <milyutinma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [BUG] Cache invalidation for queries that contains const of temporary composite type
Date: 2017-10-02 17:02:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Maksim Milyutin <milyutinma(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 26.09.2017 23:25, Maksim Milyutin wrote:
>
> Updated patchset contains more transparent definition of composite type
> for constant node and regression test for described above buggy case.
>
> Is there any interest on the problem in this thread?

Probably everybody are too busy with upcoming release and other patches.
Since this patch is a bug fix, it definitely should be considered. Please,
register this patch at upcoming commitfest to ensure it wouldn't be
forgotten.
Regression test changes (both .sql and .out) are essential parts of the
patch. I see no point in posting them separately. Please, incorporate
them into your patch.
Did you check this patch with manually created composite type (made by
CREATE TYPE typname AS ...)?

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company