Does statement_timeout apply to commit?

From: qihua wu <staywithpin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Does statement_timeout apply to commit?
Date: 2023-01-30 09:10:40
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a patroni cluster running in sync mode and at least 2 nodes should
be synced for commit. Now I brought down one node, so only one slave is in
sync, and then write a java program to write the data to primary in
autocommit = false mode, I set statement_timeout to 10, hopping the jave
will throw exception after 10 seconds after I send a commit command to
postgresq, but after 10 seconds, it didn't throw any exception, so looks
like statement_timeout doesn't apply to commit. Is that theory right?.