Re: How to validate restore of backup?

From: Muhammad Usman Khan <usman(dot)k(at)bitnine(dot)net>
To: Vince McMahon <sippingonesandzeros(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to validate restore of backup?
Date: 2024-08-22 11:09:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Vince,
For validation of databases, you can use the following approach

/usr/pgsql-16/bin/pg_dump -d postgres -h localhost -p 5428 | md5sum >
/var/lib/pgsql/db1.txt
/usr/pgsql-16/bin/pg_dump -d postgres -h localhost -p 5420 | md5sum >
/var/lib/pgsql/db2.txt
diff db1.txt db2.txt

By executing above queries, if diff is null then it means there is no
difference between source and destination databases. Adjust your port and
databases accordingly.