WAL log level compatibility

From: Andy Lau <alau(at)infer(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WAL log level compatibility
Date: 2014-08-21 23:26:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone,

Are 'wal_level = archive' vs 'wal_level = hot_standby' ok to mix? For
example, let's say I had a PostgreSQL database running and creating WAL
logs in the archive level. Then we switch to the hot standby level to
support a hot standby, then go back to the archive level, all while
uploading WAL logs to the same location. Would PostgreSQL be able to do
PITR over this entire span of time?

Thanks!
-Andy