Re: Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC

From: Joshua Berry <yoberi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC
Date: 2013-05-28 14:20:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-odbc

Hi Hiroshi,

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> Psqlodbc drivers send Execite requests for cursors instead of
> issueing FETCH commands.

Thanks for the reply. Have you seen or heard of psqlODBC's use of
cursors intermittently causing segfaults as I'd described? If so, can these
issues be avoided by enabling or disabling options in the driver or
avoiding certain queries/conditions? The entire system is a blackbox to
me, so when I encounter issues like this, I'm not sure how to diagnose and
correct. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
-Joshua