Web users as database users?

From: David Gallagher <1extrafact(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Web users as database users?
Date: 2019-09-20 11:50:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi - I’m working on a database that will be accessed via a web app. I’m
used to a setup where there is one account/role that the app would use to
access the database, but in my current scenario I’m interested in row level
security and auditing enforced by the database. In this scenario, would it
make sense to have a user account on the database to mirror the user
account from the web app? Is that an unusual practice?