Re: ERROR: MultiXactId XXXXX has not been created yet -- apparent wraparound

From: Ioana Danes <ioanadanes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: MultiXactId XXXXX has not been created yet -- apparent wraparound
Date: 2016-08-16 12:30:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 08/15/2016 08:05 AM, Ioana Danes wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Adrian Klaver
>> <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com <mailto:adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>> wrote:
>>

>> They are not the same servers but they have similar setup.
>> Fortunately
>> they are qa and development.
>>

>> Should have asked previously, are they on the same host machine?
>>
>> No they are on different physical machines.
>>

>> Basically, something is corrupting data, just trying to narrow it
>> down to hardware or software. Looking to figure out if the
>> problem(s) follow the physical machine or the software the Postgres
>> is running on.
>>
>> I would say software because on the same physical machines we had SLES +
>> XEN running for years without any kind of corruption.
>>

> I would tend to agree, but one cannot discount the effects of age. Could
> be that the OS switch happened just prior to some age induced failure in
> hardware.

Still, do you have a running Postgres instance or have you tried running a
> Postgres instance on CentOS that is not in a VM?

Thank you for all your insights, it's been very helpful. I think the best
strategy is to start testing each component, changing one component at a
time...

I will be back with the result of our tests.

Thanks again for your time and help,
ioana