Re: Partitioning & ORM apps

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabrizio(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: PropAAS DBA <dba(at)propaas(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partitioning & ORM apps
Date: 2017-11-19 08:31:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Hi All;
>

> we want to deploy partitioning for historical data archiving &
performance however the app uses an ORM and depends on the number of rows
affected from the inserts, updates & deletes which of course always come
back as zero rows for the partition base or master table.

> We talked about letting daily data go into the base table and 'moving' it
nightly but this could still lead to an update/delete for rown in the child
tables, thus the same issue remains.

> Anyone know of a workaround? Maybe it can be done with
insert/update/delete trigger functions?

Hi,

Maybe this post [1] can help you.

Regards,