postgres encryption

From: dbx postgres <dbx2postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres encryption
Date: 2018-03-22 07:11:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello Admins,
I have a table in which one of the password column is encrypted. Is there a
way I can decrypt or know what encryption type was used on the column to
decrypt this password. I tried overriding this password with a new value
but that value is being stored as plain text ad not encrypted. So my
authentication is failing. How can i override this password ?

Thanks in advance !