Re: query slowdown after 9.0 -> 9.4 migration

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
Cc: postgres performance list <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query slowdown after 9.0 -> 9.4 migration
Date: 2016-10-28 01:37:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Andreas Kretschmer <
akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net> wrote:

> Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>

> > Perhaps the table is organized / sorted differently, or something like
> > that. How did you do the upgrade?

Nothing special, dump + reload. The table in question is tiny - 280 kB, 859
rows.

> Maybe table-bloat? Filip, check if autovacuum runs properly.
>
> ​
Yes, it does. Just to be sure I ran VACUUM FULL, ANALZYE and REINDEX on all
tables and indexes - no change :-(

Any other ideas (before drawing on heavy tools like strace)?

Does it make sense to ask on postgis-users list?

​Thanks,
Filip