Foreign data wrappers and indexes on remote side

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Foreign data wrappers and indexes on remote side
Date: 2015-06-26 16:09:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

Is there any way to take use of indexes on foreign tables?

Currently (at least with tds_fdw, that I was testing) the planner just
does a dumb full sequential scan in all cases.

That is

SELECT drink FROM foreignbar;

-- takes as much time as

SELECT drink FROM foreignbar where drink_key = 3210;

Thanks!