Re: postgresql 9.6 - cannot freeze committed xmax

From: Alexandre Garcia <alexandre(at)vmfarms(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql 9.6 - cannot freeze committed xmax
Date: 2018-02-28 21:44:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sorry about the top-post.

Alexandre, did you ever use pg_resetxlog on that cluster?

> Greetings,
>
> Andres Freund

This database used to be managed by someone else and we started managing it
recently. Our team didn't run pg_resetxlog for sure.

I just chatted with the previous team and it looks like it was never ran
either. This is a fairly old database and it's not its first upgrade.