Re: Order of granting with many waiting on one lock

From: Chris Angelico <rosuav(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Order of granting with many waiting on one lock
Date: 2013-02-11 07:18:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Pavan Deolasee
<pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> * Determine where to add myself in the wait queue.
> *
> * Normally I should go at the end of the queue.

Ah! That's perfect. So they'll actually go into perfect strict
round-robin, assuming that there are no other locks coming into play
(which I expect will be the case; I've been careful to avoid
deadlocks).

Thanks Pavan, fast response and perfect information!

ChrisA