Question regarding mail server

From: Christos Roussidis <xristos(dot)roussidis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question regarding mail server
Date: 2023-07-27 10:04:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I would like to ask you a question regarding the mail server. So when
running pgadmin4 in server mode it requires a mail server to send emails
for things like 2FA and password reset.

It seems impossible though to disable that function. Our setup doesn't need
a mail server at all as we only use authenticator for the 2FA and admins
are able to configure passwords and change them for the rare case that the
user needs a reset on them.

On version 7.3 I am getting in logs the error
> 2023-07-27 11:37:09,086: ERROR pgadmin: 'mfa.send_email_code'

The above error on version 7.5 is not silent anymore and even breaks our
running pgadmin4 instance. It would really help if we had a toggle switch
in the settings where we could completely disable the mail server
functionality.

Thank you in advance