Re: Reading and writing off-heap data

From: Tom Dunstan <pgsql(at)tomd(dot)cc>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reading and writing off-heap data
Date: 2017-09-25 08:04:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

(Sorry, re-sending from address that is subscribed to the list)

On 22 September 2017 at 01:01, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:

>> Is there general support for the feature? I'm again happy to code up a PR
>> and have time allocated to do that fairly soon if there's likelihood of it
>> being merged.
>>
>> I would think so , however as noted on the PR I'd like to see some timing
> of the Tuple code. I don't expect it would be heinous but one never knows.

Currently it's a very thin wrapper around the array and construction in
most places is still just filling that array and the constructing the
wrapper once that's done, so I do expect almost zero change. I'll try to
quantify it though. Do we have any existing test for these sorts of things?
If not I'll just generate a bunch of data and pull it through - seems easy
enough.

Thanks

Tom