Query on User account password change details

From: Vipin Madhusoodanan <vipin(dot)madhusoodanan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query on User account password change details
Date: 2021-05-06 19:52:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

Please advise on the possibilities to retrieve “last password change date”
for a PostgreSQL user account. We have an audit requirement to identify
the password change details for local PostgreSQL user accounts. We are able
to track AD users using AD Group Policy, but unable to fetch these details
for local user accounts. Tried to explore pg_users and pg_shadow catalog
views, but this information was not available.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Vipin
--