Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1

From: Shaik Mohammad Mujeeb <smmujeeb2001(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1
Date: 2023-11-13 16:19:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom Lane,

Sorry for not providing the context properly in the previous mail. I have
recently updated to macOS 14.1.1 and tried to compile postgres. I have
mentioned the steps I had followed and the output of those steps in the
attached file. I am getting the same error during build time for all the
branches [ REL_14_STABLE, REL_15_STABLE, master, etc,. ]. Please note that
the same steps were working fine, when I was in macOS 13.

Please let me know if any other information is required.

Thanks & Regards,
Mujeeb.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 9:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Shaik Mohammad Mujeeb <smmujeeb2001(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > After updating to macOS 14.1.1, I am facing below error while compiling
> > postgres. Can someone help me in solving this?
>
> > ld: multiple errors: archive member '/' not a mach-o file in
> > '/src/port/libpgport.a'; archive member '/' not a mach-o file in
> > '/src/common/libpgcommon.a'
>
> Hmm. I kind of wonder if you are doing something odd like trying
> to build in a directory path whose name contains spaces. We aren't
> terribly clean about weird path names at build time.
>
> Beyond that, you've given exactly zero context that would help
> anyone else in understanding or duplicating the problem.
> "It doesn't work on macOS 14.1.1" is not useful, because that
> works fine for me and a number of other people.
>
> regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
steps_followed.txt text/plain 241.5 KB