Re: Creating A GIN index on JSONB column (large database)

From: Taylor Smith <taylorjrsmith(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating A GIN index on JSONB column (large database)
Date: 2022-08-09 15:29:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, the database was always going to be a minimum of 20TB however we build
the indexes on the partition which at max is about 1.3TB, which in temp
files will use about 800GB temporary files. Note it doesn't have the same
effect when doing non-concurrently. I don't think rolling off would help as
its likely largest partition will either be the current month or the
previous month so the problem would still persist.