Re: insert column monetary type ver 2

From: Дмитрий Иванов <firstdismay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: insert column monetary type ver 2
Date: 2021-11-22 15:57:20
Lists: pgsql-general

About the locale, I wanted to add a couple of lines. I noticed a strange
behavior of the currency symbol.
The EDB installer, when specifying the Russian locale, sets the following
locale parameters:
(PostgreSQL 12.9, compiled by Visual C++ build 1914, 64-bit)
(Encoding UTF8)
lc_messages = 'Russian_Russia.1251' # locale for system error message
# strings
lc_monetary = 'Russian_Russia.1251' # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'Russian_Russia.1251' # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'Russian_Russia.1251' # locale for time formatting
In this case, the data of the financial type is not correctly displayed:
1 238,23 ?

If you set the locale:
lc_messages = 'ru_RU.UTF-8' # locale for system error message
# strings
lc_monetary = 'ru_RU.UTF-8' # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'ru_RU.UTF-8' # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'ru_RU.UTF-8' # locale for time formatting
The data of the financial type is displayed correctly:
1 238,23 ₽
--
Regards, Dmitry!