Re: Best Strategy for Large Number of Images

From: Дмитрий Иванов <firstdismay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Estevan Rech <softrech(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best Strategy for Large Number of Images
Date: 2021-12-16 01:50:55
Lists: pgsql-general

PostgreSQL, thanks to extensions, allows a third non-obvious file strategy.
Since many developers when working with small images don't want to overload
their solutions with the complexities of interacting with file servers, and
I didn't want to store files in a database, I found and tried a third
option. I turned PostgreSQL into a file server that provides page bytes
exchange with the client using Bytea virtual tables. Roughly it looks like
this: client-(access library-asynchronous page
exchange)-PostgreSQL-Python-file system. I've set a limit of 2Gb, but
working with such large files with this strategy doesn't seem reasonable to
me. But the system for storing fiscal documents turned out pretty good
(<10Mb).
--
Regards, Dmitry!