Re: Hi : Is anybody out there ?

From: Zahid Rahman <zahidr1000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Renee <renee(dot)phillips(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Bee(dot)Lists" <bee(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hi : Is anybody out there ?
Date: 2019-12-16 11:17:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks,

I have done a clean install of ubuntu V18.04
I also installed kubuntu.
The first thing I did was installed postgres,
following the instructions on this page.
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
I also installed the remaining software following instructions lower down
the page. under the heading
*Included in distribution* changing the appropriate version number
I was prompted for email and password for pgadmin4.

When I went to launch pgadmin4 from the kubuntu launch menu via the
elephant icon.
I was expecting to get the login page prompting me for email and password.
Instead.
The Firefox browser launched with pgadmin4 supplied URL
http://127.0.0.1:43169/browser/
with the message "Unauthorized " \n "The server could not verify that you
are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong
credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how
to supply the credentials required."
Obviously I haven't supplied any credentials let alone bad ones. I
strongly deny that accusation. I don't know the browser first hand or even
intimately so I cannot speak on its behalf.
So what I need to set, or is not included in the instructions to get the
pgadmin4 login page.
So that others who want to use the software, I assume you want that, are
spared the heart ache and distress, instead enjoy endless hours burning the
midnight candle light.

Thanks