Re: minimum hardware requirements for small postgres db

From: Paul Smith <paul(dot)smithy987(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wolfgang Keller <feliphil(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: minimum hardware requirements for small postgres db
Date: 2013-02-22 05:17:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks for your further advice which fully answers my question re. minimum
hardware requirement.
Thanks also for clarifying the LO-Base corruption issue is only with the
HSQLDB embedded with LO, and does not occur with pg.

During my previous research into suitable open-source Forms based FE, apart
from the corruption issue, I read the Forms builder makes use of the LO
word-processor, and the resulting Forms are very basic compared to what is
achievable with even the 20 year old MS Access V2. But unless anyone
knows of a better open-source Forms builder/Report-writer, I guess I will
have to accept that limitation.

Thanks also to everyone who helped answer my question.

It may be a while before I can install pg as my Nettop hdd has just failed
(backed up just in time!) and as it was quite slow on other things, instead
of repairing, I may buy a new Nettop, but using Ivy Bridge ULV 'Y' series
to make a better 'desktop' replacement.