Design sync up meeting notes

From: Shirley Wang <swang(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PlumAdmin <plumadmin(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Subject: Design sync up meeting notes
Date: 2017-07-12 16:04:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all,

Below are notes from our sync up today. Please reach out to me or Chethana
Kumar if you have any questions!

Shirley

*7.12 Meeting Notes*

We discussed:
- Migrating styleguide from WIP <http://pgadmin4-styleguide.cfapps.io/> to
pgadmin.org: working on migrating colors over first.
- Icons in pgAdmin4 menus: Inconsistent in style, some have color some
don't. Also unclear if adding value by having so many
- Process for design: documentation on the agreed upon process to help with
measuring progress and making improvements when necessary
- Inconsistencies between styleguide and application: styles are agreed
upon, but changes within the app require time to locate inconsistencies and
implement. Changes are tracked in the Trello
<https://trello.com/b/uOoAjkS5/pgadmin-style-guide-tracker>
- Dev & Design: Different working processes, having all developers work on
styles vs one person dedicated to styles

Next steps and actions
- Continue moving styleguide over to pgadmin.org [Shirley]
- Begin working on iconography for menus [Chethana]
- Share out meeting notes from design sync ups [Chethana + Shirley]
- Continue updating styles in application [Shirley]