Re: PostgreSQL 13 Beta 1 Release Announcement Draft

From: Lukas Fittl <lukas(at)fittl(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 13 Beta 1 Release Announcement Draft
Date: 2020-05-19 16:58:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 7:29 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Attached is a draft of the release announcement for the PostgreSQL 13
> Beta 1 release this week.

We could call out the additional commits that Tom has done for wait event
renaming, re: compatibility - next to "Rename some recovery-related wait
events".

These are the relevant commits, I think:

Rename SLRU structures and associated LWLocks.
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=5da14938f7bfb96b648ee3c47e7ea2afca5bcc4a

Rename assorted LWLock tranches.
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=36ac359d3621578cefc2156a3917024cdd3b1829

Drop the redundant "Lock" suffix from LWLock wait event names.
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=14a91010912632cae322b06fce0425faedcf7353

Mop-up for wait event naming issues.
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=3048898e73c75f54bb259323382e0e7f6368cb6f

Thanks,