Foreign key referencing a VIEW

From: Laurent Martelli <martellilaurent(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Foreign key referencing a VIEW
Date: 2016-03-24 14:53:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I have a feature request for our dear fellow developpers : I would like to
be able to create a foreign key constraint that references a view (or
anything that looks like a table, as a function returning a table for
instance) instead of a table.

Does that look doable ? The trickiest part is probably to ensure the
constraint when the tables the view is built on are modified...

Cheers,
Laurent

--
http://www.laurentmartelli.com // http://www.imprimart.fr