Fwd: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it...

From: Frank Moore <francis(dot)moore(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it...
Date: 2013-05-31 19:59:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Amit,

Yes, you're absolutely right. I was running the commands in psql rather
than the shell.
It wasn't obvious from the tutorial that I was following that I was
supposed to run the pg_restore command from the shell and not psql.
Strange that running that command in psql never gave me any form of error
and that the log was showing an error of 'No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it'.
Anyway, I can run queries now and I'm starting to get acquainted with the
environment, so thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
Frank.