Re: A table of magic constants

From: Michael Nolan <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
Cc: Dane Foster <studdugie(at)gmail(dot)com>, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A table of magic constants
Date: 2015-07-11 22:34:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 16:55:44 -0400
> Dane Foster <studdugie(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> . After a while, you'll find your way around the documentation.
>
> I've been doing it almost every day for years, still learning every time.

I highly recommend reading the documentation from 'cover to cover'
periodically. Yes, there will be things you don't understand yet, but each
time you'll pick up things you didn't get in previous passes. A lot of
people have put in a lot of time on that documentation, and it is
first-rate. (I've been working on a project that requires MySQL, their
documentation is far inferior.)
--
Mike Nolan
nolan(at)tssi(dot)com