Synchronous archiving

From: Laurence Rowe <l(at)lrowe(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Synchronous archiving
Date: 2015-01-27 07:51:47
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a relatively small database with not many writes. However, I'm keen
to ensure that those writes I receive are not lost. Archiving gets me most
of the way there, but it is asynchronous. Is there any way to archive
individual WAL records without running a replica?

Running in Amazon's cloud, I imagine a synchronous counterpart to WAL-E
that backed up the individual WAL records to one of their reliable but less
featureful systems.

Laurence