ON COMMIT options for non temporary tables

From: P V Tekawade <pvtekawade(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ON COMMIT options for non temporary tables
Date: 2019-11-21 15:53:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

For my work with Postgres 11.5, I needed functionality that unlogged tables
are automatically dropped at the commit time, but I found that ON COMMIT
option is only supported with temporary table.

I would like to understand reasons why this option is limited to temporary
tables? Is there any problem by making this option available for other type
of tables such as unlogged tables?

--

Thanks

Prafulla