Ideas about moving live rows to the top of the table

From: Антон Пацев <patsev(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ideas about moving live rows to the top of the table
Date: 2020-05-13 14:28:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I read about the utility – https://github.com/dataegret/pgcompacttable . It
is more careful about resources, because it works on slightly different
principles. The main point of pgcompacttable is that it moves all live rows
to the beginning of the table with updates in the table. And then it starts
a vacuum on this table, because we know that we have live rows at the
beginning and dead rows at the end. And the vacuum itself cuts off this
tail, i.e. it does not require much additional disk space. Let the
auto-vacuum or some other process do this.

--
С уважением, Антон Пацев.
Best regards, Anton Patsev.