Re: 2 patches

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2 patches
Date: 2013-05-07 05:53:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2013/4/29 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>

> Hi
>
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
> <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> > thank you for committing.
> >
> > Attached are two "bug fixes" and an improvement.
> >
> > - Can not save settings if thoussep and decimal mark are blank
>
> Good catch - applied.
>
> > - Not copying column header if selecting just one cell
>
> I don't think that's appropriate - the copy format should be
> consistent no matter how many cells are copied, and we do apply the
> quoting rules regardless. It might make sense to have a "Use
> quoting/headers with single cell" option though, to allow the user to
> control the behaviour (though, that name sucks - we'd need a better
> one). If off, we just copy the string of the cell and don't add any
> quotes or column names. If on, you get the column names and quotes as
> you would with multiple cells.

What do you think about a dropdown box in the options dialog:
Copy column names: Never/Multiple cell selection/Always

> > Another thing is the ability to disable number formatting at all in query
> > window. Might be useful.
>
> That one might be useful, but it needs some tweaking:
>
> - We don't typically have options on frmOptions for settings you can
> toggle directly on frmQuery. Apparently that rule wasn't followed for
> auto-rollback I notice though.

I'm with you, it was not my prefered solution. Better would be a query
window limited variable, which overrides the sys settings during one
"session".
I'm going to check this again. Do we have a doxygen documentation about the
source code? This would make it much easier to dive into the source code?

> - The menu position you've used is certainly wrong. It definitely
> shouldn't be in the middle of the EXPLAIN menu items, and probably
> shouldn't be on the Query menu at all. The View menu seems more
> appropriate to me.

I see. I'm going to change the position.