Re: request for comment re "contributor-covenant.org"

From: Zenaan Harkness <zen(at)freedbms(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: request for comment re "contributor-covenant.org"
Date: 2016-01-26 07:10:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Josh,

I simply wrote in first person with the intention to catalyse thought
about what could and or should and or should not be in such a
"covenant". In no way was the email any statement of authority and I
had hoped to make that clear, evidently not.

Evidently it was not clear enough despite my disclaimer at the top.

My sincere apologies for the confusion - such confusion was seriously
not wanted by me and I apologise unreservedly.

On the topic, I feel it will take a few years yet for "the libre
software community" to come to anything approaching a consensus
regarding "community covenant"; just my opinion of course.

Regards,
Zenaan