Re: check with serial

From: Vaishnavi Prabakaran <vaishnaviprabakaran(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: check with serial
Date: 2017-05-03 02:13:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 11:30 PM, Andrew Dunstan <
andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Here's a simple patch that does what I had in mind. It allows providing
> for an arbitrary schedule file in both the check and installcheck
> recipes. The historic behaviour is preserved.

Hmm, installcheck command with SCHEDULE set as "Parallel" does not honor
"MAXCONNOPT" settings in the attached patch.

And, now after your patch, do we still need "installcheck-parallel"
command? It is redundant IMO, just give a thought.

Documentation changes("Running the Tests") are also required as the
behavior documented is now changed in this patch.

Best Regards,
Vaishnavi,
Fujitsu Australia.