Source code and database object identifiers

From: brad st <brad(dot)st1211(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Source code and database object identifiers
Date: 2013-04-04 13:55:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,
We are planning to add PostgreSQL database support to our application. We
have run into the issue of where in PostgreSQL is converting all the
database object identifiers into lower case. I understand that's the how
PostgreSQL works and I can double quote the identifiers and preserve the
camel case. Unfortunately I cannot double quote the identifiers and need to
preserve the camel case (mixed case) for the identifiers for our
application to work.

I wouldn't mind changing the source code to help us in this issue. I have
set up the debug environment on eclipse and able to compile + debug the
PostgreSQL.

Can someone please provide some guidance where I should make the changes to
preserve mixed case for identifiers?

Thank you
Brad.