Re: create table in memory

From: Peter Kroon <plakroon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: create table in memory
Date: 2012-11-23 10:09:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I've put up a small test case for creating TEMP and UNLOGGED tables.
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS test CASCADE;
CREATE TEMP TABLE test(
id serial,
the_value text
);
Exec time: 54ms

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS test CASCADE;
CREATE UNLOGGED TABLE test(
id serial,
the_value text
);
Exec time: 198ms

There is a significant difference.

Also I need those tables per session, so creating and dropping with TEMP
tables appear to be faster.

Best,
Peter KRoon