priviliges issues

From: Ankush Chawla <ankushchawla03(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, postgann2020 s <postgann2020(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: priviliges issues
Date: 2020-04-15 18:04:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

hi Pgsql-Admin,

I am new to Postgres and naive in understanding
I tried to create a table in a schema and then given privilege to some
other user, still he is not able to access. Below are the things I tried:

postgres=# alter schema s1 owner to user1;
ALTER SCHEMA
postgres=# \c postgres user1
You are now connected to database "postgres" as user "user1".
postgres=# create table s1.new (a integer);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# grant select on s1.new to user2
postgres-# ;
GRANT
postgres=# \c postgres user2
You are now connected to database "postgres" as user "user2".
postgres=> select * from s1.new;
ERROR: permission denied for schema s1
LINE 1: select * from s1.new;
^