postgres materialized view refresh in parallel

From: Ayub M <hiayub(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres materialized view refresh in parallel
Date: 2020-08-19 04:20:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Created materialized view in parallel by setting
max_parallel_workers_per_gather to 4. I could see parallel sessions kicking
off and creating the mview much faster than serial execution (10mins -
parallel vs over an hour - serial).

Now I want the refresh of the mview to happen taking around same time as
create, I am okay with it taking little more than create, to execute the
steps it takes when refreshing the view. But what I am noticing is, refresh
is not running in parallel at all - even after having
max_parallel_workers_per_gather to 4. Does PostgreSQL 11.6 not support
refresh of the mviews in parallel as it did while creating the mview?