Re: Archive# views

From: Kapil Agarwal <kapil(dot)agarwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Satish K Biradar <satishbiradar1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Archive# views
Date: 2014-05-30 22:19:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Satish,

You can calculate the replication lag by comparing the current WAL write
location on the primary with the last WAL location received/replayed by the
standby. They can be retrieved using pg_current_xlog_location on the
primary and the pg_last_xlog_receive_location/pg_last_xlog_replay_location
on the standby, respectively.

*Master Server:*

SELECT pg_current_xlog_location();

*Slave server:*

select pg_last_xlog_receive_location();

select now() - pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp();

Hope this help.