Re: About PostgreSQL as developer

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hernán Cano Martínez <jhernancanom(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About PostgreSQL as developer
Date: 2012-11-05 04:33:23
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Hernán Cano Martínez
<jhernancanom(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi, boys.
> I am interested in the way of implement PostgreSQL in my apps --if
> possible-- in a native way.
> I am in a project that use C++ as the base programming-language.

If you want an embedded db, you'd likely do better looking elsewhere.
PostgreSQL's design does not lend itself to embedded work. SQLite is a
good choice there.

If you're looking at writing a self-contained app etc then you could
look at something like a live CD with it, google pglive for an
example.