Cancelling of autovacuums considered harmful

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cancelling of autovacuums considered harmful
Date: 2014-02-26 16:15:01
Lists: pgsql-general

As some of you folks know I work on some pretty beefy machines. Some
of these machines don't see rest for months or days on end. And
autovacuum keeps cancelling. I set it more aggressive, it still never
finishes.

We've now had to schedule manual vacuums because autovac never
finishes on large heavily updated tables.

Is there some way to turn off the cancelling of autovacuums?