Re: Why does "checkpointer" is consumig ~1.2Gb of RAM?

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why does "checkpointer" is consumig ~1.2Gb of RAM?
Date: 2014-03-31 03:38:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>wrote:

> I'm curious about the "checkpointer" process and its configuration.
> What are the configuration options that affects the checkpointer process?
> Currently, under load, this process goes up to about 1.2GB of RAM:
>

> --

No it really doesn't. VIRT is every thing it touches whether it uses it
individually or with other processes. RES is what THIS process is using all
by itself. SHR is what it's accessing of shared memory. Here's a short
explanation of what those three values mean:
http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-is-difference-among-virt-res-and.html

Also for a more technical one run "man top" and search for RES, SHR, and
VIRT