Re: Amazon Linux PGDG Repo?

From: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)citusdata(dot)com>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, Jason Petersen <jason(at)citusdata(dot)com>, pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Amazon Linux PGDG Repo?
Date: 2017-10-09 20:07:21
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 11:01 AM Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> On Fri, 2017-10-06 at 11:51 -0600, Jason Petersen wrote:
> > What happened to the Amazon Linux PGDG repo? It seems to have disappeared
> > entirely as of v10.
>
> When I launched Amazon repo, it was a RHEL 6 clone, so those RPMS were
> actually
> HEL 6 RPMS.
>
> Recently, it diverted a lot, so I gave up.

That is true, with regard to PostGIS in particular I've had to do quite a
bit of hackery to get things to work (and I'm currently broken at the
moment).

Nevertheless, Amazon Linux is the one way to get competent kernel defect
support on AWS , so I'm fairly committed to using it. The newer userland
packages are also sometimes useful. And most pgdg packages compile fine.

As-is I'd probably continue to maintain a barely-good-enough fork of pgrpms
to do my packages. Is there a better way?