PITR Multiple recoveries

From: Sébastien Boutté <sebastien(dot)boutte(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PITR Multiple recoveries
Date: 2018-02-08 13:07:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'm trying to make my server doing PITR backup, i follow the rules on
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/continuous-archiving.html.

On my local server, i would like to resync multiple times my local database:

What i'm doing :
1. Stop Postgres
2. Restore Local basebackup (untar, un gzip)
3. Create recovery.conf
4. Start Postgres
5. Wait recovery.done
6. At this point, it's OK.
7. Stop Postgres
8. ..... some time passed
9. resync wals with latest
10. recreate recovery.conf
11. Start Postgres
11. Wait recovery.done
12. At this point, it's NOK. Latest wals have not been played on local
server.

Do you know what i'm missing ? Thanks

Regards,

Sebastien Boutte