Re: PITR Multiple recoveries

From: Sébastien Boutté <sebastien(dot)boutte(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR Multiple recoveries
Date: 2018-02-08 22:13:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Jeff,

You mean that ? Is this correct ?
hot_stanby = on to be sure it plays WAL and stays in standby mode ?

1. Stop Postgres
2. Restore Local basebackup (untar, un gzip)
3. Create (recovery.conf) standby_mode + hot_standby on (postgresql.conf)
4. Start Postgres
5. Wait to see in log "database system is ready to accept read only
connections"
6. To Check
7. Stop Postgres
8. ..... some time passed
9. resync wals with latest
10. recreate recovery.conf without standby_mode + hot_standby off
11. Start Postgres
11. Wait recovery.done
12. To Check

Thanks