schema privileges and drop role

From: Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe(at)d(dot)umn(dot)edu>
Subject: schema privileges and drop role
Date: 2024-06-25 00:00:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I have a database that I recently changed the ownership for and now I am
attempting to drop the previous owner of the database:

test_db=# drop ROLE legacy_owner;
ERROR: role "legacy_owner" cannot be dropped because some objects depend
on it
DETAIL: privileges for schema public

I don't know where to look to find out what I need to alter to be able to
remove the legacy role and internet searches came up fruitless.

Does anyone have any hints or advice on where to look?

Thanks for the help!

-m