Re: Streaming replication versus Logical replication

From: Ninad Shah <nshah(dot)postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alanoly Andrews <alanolya(at)invera(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication versus Logical replication
Date: 2021-11-04 18:19:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, it is going to resolve the issue because streaming is completely a
slave(with few exceptions). Even the VACUUM operation gets replicated
through the master, which is not a case with logical replication. In
logical replication, only data from a few tables gets replicated. In terms
of database administration, they are different entities.

In case the subscriber has long-running queries, unlike streaming
replication, it does not affect synchronisation operations.

Regards,
Ninad Shah