Re: Why does VACUUM FULL pg_class sometimes wait for ShareLock on another transaction after getting AccessExclusiveLock on pg_class?

From: Ninad Shah <nshah(dot)postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Marcin Barczynski <mbarczynski(at)starfishstorage(dot)com>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why does VACUUM FULL pg_class sometimes wait for ShareLock on another transaction after getting AccessExclusiveLock on pg_class?
Date: 2021-07-23 14:46:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Question 1 : What's a need to perform a VACUUM FULL operation on pg_class?

Question 2 : Ideally, a VACUUM FULL operation seeks an exclusive lock on a
table, while I can see it waiting for a shared lock here. Why? (Not asking
you)

Additionally, The situation you have described should be termed a
"deadlock". Do you see any transaction getting rolled back?

Regards,
Ninad Shah