pgbouncer best practices

From: Rita <rmorgan466(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: pgbouncer best practices
Date: 2023-07-07 16:23:42
Lists: pgsql-general

I have an application that does many db calls from a server farm. I've
increased my max connections on postgresql to 1000 and tuned the server
accordingly. However, I still get can't connect to postgresql some times. I
installed pgbouncer on few servers in the farm. I pointed the traffic to
pgbouncer and things helped dramatically. My question are: is there a ratio
of max connections and pool i should use in my pgbouncer config?