recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command

From: Rita <rmorgan466(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command
Date: 2022-10-08 12:51:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have primary and standby replication setup.

On my primary the archive directory is rather large (30GB) and growing. On
my standby I have recovery.conf which has
archive_cleanup_command = 'pg_archivecleanup -d
/var/lib/pgsql/11/data/archive %r'

I was under the impression this line would remove data from my primary AND
standby. Is that not the case?