COPY write load on primary impacting replica?

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPY write load on primary impacting replica?
Date: 2022-01-20 01:27:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi: I have an issue where a big big big COPY is thrashing a disk on a DB,
my idea was to fire up a read replica of this DB and point my users to it
for SELECT (read) operations, thereby hopefully (?) avoiding the disk usage
caused by COPY on the primary.

Wondering if this is foolish, whether the WAL log stuff would cause equal
disk usage on the replica.

Thanks!

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>